April 11, 2016
What do we believe? How do we get belief?
Yesterday, at the Center for Spiritual Living West Georgia, I gave a talk about receiving.
In order to receive, we must believe that:
- there really and truly is a Power for Good; we can have no doubt, not even a slim one, of its existence;
- there is only good; not good and bad, not good and evil, but only good;
- the teachings of Scripture are correct “it is the Father’s great pleasure to give to us, the sons and daughters of the Creator.”
- we receive as much as we think we can have, as much as we can accept
- we can change our beliefs.
Suppose we don’t believe, and we want to.
We do what Raymond Charles Barker taught in his book The Power of Decision: we decide to believe.
We can, also, decide that:
- this is a universe of good
- we are the sons and daughters of the Creator
- the Creator delights in giving to us
- we determine what and how much we receive
- And, we can change our decisions any time we so desire.
I invite you to decide that there is a Power for Good and that all of us, including you, can use this Power to bring good into our life and the life of the planet.
And so it is.
On most Sundays, find Barbara S Lucas at The Center for Spiritual Living West Georgia