July 25, 2017
Recently, I was asked to write a covenant, an agreement between the members of a community and its leaders.
When I finished, I realized that all of us and most organizations need this kind of agreement.
We need to agree on where we are headed, what we are willing to support, and what we can rely on.
This covenant is one we make with each other.
A new covenant, one written for this time, for this age, will help us join together so that a life overflowing with all good is possible for all.
A covenant will help us stand for what we want. It will guide us to right action.
The Covenant is:
I make this covenant with all the peoples of the planet Earth. I dwell and have my life on this planet; I am some piece of life on this planet.
This is so for all the peoples of this planet. We all live here, and we are each some part of what takes place here.
There are no barriers or separations between the peoples of this planet. There is no greater than or less than. We are each an active part of this planet, and we are each equal.
Therefore, we, the citizens of this planet, agree to:
· support all people in being all each was meant to be
· create an inclusive, loving, thriving, healthy community
· recognize that each of us has worth and dignity
· acknowledge that all are needed in order for our community to fulfill its purpose
· offer our talents, skills and abilities to our community
· accept that freedom means each is self-governing; each has free will, each has access to the Source that dwells within for guidance; therefore, each chooses which ideas to bring into physical form and which ideas to allow to flow past
We stand with each other to serve the highest and greatest good of all knowing that the Universal Intelligence stands with us.
And so it is.
On most Sundays, find Barbara S Lucas at The Center for Spiritual Living West Georgia